The hoverDAWG is our take on the increasingly popular ‘hoverboard” product. The term “hoverboard” was invented by “Marty McFly” in the movie “Back to the Future II” to describe what looks like a levitating skateboard without wheels. While these products do not actually “hover”, the term stuck simply because it was a cooler way to refer to these products.
According to Wikipedia – “A self-balancing two-wheeled board, or self-balancing electric scooter, also commonly referred to as a hoverboard, is a type of portable, rechargeable battery-powered scooter. They typically consist of two wheels arranged side-by-side, with two small platforms between the wheels, on which the rider stands. The device is controlled by the rider’s feet, standing on the built-in gyroscopic, sensored pads.”
In other words – “An uber fun and super addictive way to get around, surprise many, and astonish everyone else!”
- We use only 3-prong AC power adapters (other competing products use less safer 2-prong adapters).
- Includes a built-in overcharge protection circuit.
- Our products are FCC, CE, RohS, certified
- The battery packs we use are high quality (grade “A”) and are manufactured with battery cells that fall within industry standards and government safety regulations.
- A full charge takes about 3 hours. Try not to leave it plugged in much longer than that. For example 5-6 hours is ok, 2 days isn’t.
- Avoid charging while leaving unattended.
- Avoid “top-off” charging. For example, if you charge it fully (3 hours), then only use it for 10 mins, do not charge again. Drain the battery longer before charging again.
- If unit fails to charge after several hours, stop charging and do not use. Contact us immediately for support.
- If you hear rattling noises from inside (like something is loose), do not use and contact us immediately for support.
- Beginner Mode (default): When the hoverDAWG is off, press the power button ONCE to turn on. The hoverDAWG is now in BEGINNER mode. In this mode, the unit will restrict the maximum speed.
- Sport Mode: When the hoverDAWG is off, press the button TWICE to turn on. You will notice that during the 2nd press, the hoverDAWG will beep again to confirm that SPORT mode is activated. In this mode, the unit will operate at the maximum speed.
- Step 1: Turn OFF the hoverDAWG
- Step 2: Position the left and right side of the hoverDAWG so that they line up with each other.
- Step 3: Level the hoverDAWG so that the foot platforms are level with the ground.
- Step 4: While keeping the hoverDAWG left and right sides aligned and the foot platforms level with the ground, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. The front LEDs will flash 5 times.
- Step 5: While holding the hoverDAWG steady, press the power button again and the unit will save the calibration data and power off.
- Step 6: Your hoverDAWG should now be calibrated. If not, repeat the steps 1-5.
WE ARE MOVING TO A NEW LOCATION!!
Our retail store will be Closed beginning January 16, 2017.
We will reopen at our NEW Location on Monday, February 6, 2017
Monday: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Tuesday: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Wednesday: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Thursday: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Saturday: 12:00 am – 4:00 pm